Sri Lankan apparel and ethical brands go together hand in hand and this attention on sustainability has proved to be a valuable investment in the future of the apparel and textile industry. Today, the Sri Lankan textile industry is all set to meet the demands of the global apparel market for prompt, the best and highest quality fabric and ethical fashion apparel and products. This prospect is especially discernable to those involved in the textile industry in Sri Lanka whose prime focus is product quality and business partner values. The apparel and textile exporters in Sri Lanka are known for their sustainability and is a buyer’s leading choice.
Here’s why the apparel brands in Sri Lanka as well as the fabric suppliers are known for their ethical practices and social conformity:
– By definition, the Sri Lankan apparel industry’s sustainability is due to the fact that apparel industries integrate its entire production, supply chain process and human resources.
– The continued and collective effort by apparel suppliers in Sri Lanka to decrease the carbon footprint of manufacturers and suppliers.
– Gold Certified and LEED Platinum apparel units like Creative Textile Mill (PVT) LTD who diligently conform to international standards of effluent treatment, recycling and waste management.
– The apparel industry in Sri Lanka is favorably positioned as a socially dependable and preferred destination for apparel sourcing. The textile industry in Sri Lanka has proved itself as a reliable source that pays fair wages to workers and the practice of forced labor and child labor is completely nonexistent in the industry.
– The Sri Lankan fabric and apparel industry showcases the use of the latest in technology including the world’s first environment-friendly Green Garment Factory that reduces the amount of energy used by about 50% and the water consumption by almost 70%. These textile and apparel manufacturers have found sustainability through the practice of lean manufacturing with lowered overheads and quicker return on investment.